5-days-a-week through the Gospel according to John in 2017
First pray to Christ, the Vine:
We are your branches, chosen, dear,
And though we feel the dresser’s knife,
We are the objects of his care.
From you, we draw the juice of life,
For God supply his winery
With fruit from which true joys derive.
Vine, keep what I was meant to be:
Your branch, with your rich life in me. Amen.
- “If anyone does not remain in me, he is thrown aside like a branch and he withers. They gather them, throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you.
- 8 My Father is glorified by this: that you produce much fruit and prove to be my disciples.”
For yourself, pray:
- That God guides your prayers to be pleasing to him
Other people to pray for:
- For those who have left Christ to depend on their own supposed sanctity
A psalm, as time allows:
- Listen to Psalm 66 (YouTube, soloist with guitar)