5-days-a-week through the Gospel according to John in 2017
First pray to Jesus:
May your grace, O Christ, my Savior
And the Father’s boundless love,
With the Holy Spirit’s favor,
Rest upon me from above.
Thus may I abide in union
With all Christians and you, Lord,
And possess in sweet communion,
Joys which earth cannot afford. Amen.
- Then Jesus, knowing everything that was about to happen to him, went out and said to them, “Who is it that you’re seeking?”
- 5 “Jesus of Nazareth,” they answered.
- “I am he,” Jesus told them. Judas, who betrayed him, was also standing with them. 6 When Jesus told them, “I am he,” they stepped back and fell to the ground.
- 7 Then he asked them again, “Who is it that you’re seeking?”
- “Jesus of Nazareth,” they said.
- 8 “I told you I am he,” Jesus replied. “So if you’re looking for me, let these men go.” 9 This was to fulfill the words he had said: “I have not lost one of those you have given me.”
For yourself, pray:
- That Jesus never loses you
Other people to pray for:
- For the military personnel who defend us daily
A psalm, as time allows:
- Listen to Psalm 102 (YouTube, soloist with piano)