5-days-a-week through the Gospel according to John in 2017
First pray to Jesus:
In the hour of trial,
Jesus, plead for me
Lest by base denial
I unworthy be.
When you see me waver,
With a look recall,
Nor for fear or favor
Ever let me fall. Amen.
- Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it, struck the high priest’s servant, and cut off his right ear. (The servant’s name was Malchus.) 11 At that, Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword away! Am I not to drink the cup the Father has given me?”
- 12 Then the company of soldiers, the commander, and the Jewish officials arrested Jesus and tied him up. 13 First they led him to Annas, since he was the father-in-law of Caiaphas, who was high priest that year. 14 Caiaphas was the one who had advised the Jews that it would be better for one man to die for the people.
For yourself, pray:
- That you control your anger for Jesus’ sake
Other people to pray for:
- For anyone who spoke or sang the word of God to you this past weekend
A psalm, as time allows:
- Listen to Psalm 102 (YouTube, soloist with guitar)