5-days-a-week through the Gospel according to John in 2017
First pray to Jesus:
In the hour of trial,
Jesus, plead for me
Lest by base denial
I unworthy be.
When you see me waver,
With a look recall,
Nor for fear or favor
Ever let me fall. Amen.
- Simon Peter was following Jesus, as was another disciple. That disciple was an acquaintance of the high priest; so he went with Jesus into the high priest’s courtyard. 16 But Peter remained standing outside by the door. So the other disciple, the one known to the high priest, went out and spoke to the girl who was the doorkeeper and brought Peter in.
- 17 Then the servant girl who was the doorkeeper said to Peter, “You aren’t one of this man’s disciples too, are you?”
- “I am not.” he said.
- 18 Now the servants and the officials had made a charcoal fire, because it was cold. They were standing there warming themselves, and Peter was standing with them, warming himself.
For yourself, pray:
- That God forgives the sins you have committed which you don’t even realize
Other people to pray for:
- For whoever you will meet today whom the world thinks very little of
A psalm, as time allows:
- Listen to Psalm 115 (YouTube, band)